On the last Tuesday of each February, KansasARVC members gather for a day of networking, sharing, learning, and the required business meeting of the association. The next meeting is:
Who is Invited: Campground owners, managers or employees (membership not required). Mark your calendar and stay tuned for more updates to be posted on this page.
Date: February 26, 2019
Where: Four Seasons RV Acres (in a meeting room at the dealership), located at 2502 Mink Rd, Abilene, KS 67410 (on the north side of I-70 at Exit #281).
Time: Doors will be opened at 8 a.m. Refreshments will be available. We’ll call the event to order at 8:45 (the business meeting will be the first item on the day’s agenda). Lunch will be provided. The event is expected to wrap up by 3:30 p.m.
Cost: $15 per person (if you’re attending for only the business meeting, that is free).
Additional: Social media training sessions will be offered FREE OF CHARGE in the late afternoon on the 25th (details are still emerging), so if this appeals to you then please email us at CampKansas@ksrvparks.com as soon as possible.
Business Meeting: In addition to an overview of the year in review, an election of several directors, we’ll be discussing and voting on who is eligible to be a member. In the past we have discussed opening up membership to public-operated parks. If you’re for or against it then everyone in attendance needs to hear your view so they can make their own decision before it is voted upon. Remember, each member campground in attendance has one vote (not each attendee; one per campground).
Campground / RV Park Operations & Management Discussions:
- Considerations as you price your campsites, retail goods and other services
- Discrimination in the workplace and in customer service
- Whether online reservations really are right for your campground (ramifications of online booking)
- Emergency preparedness / Evacuation planning
- Preparing to sell / Being the buyer
- Enhancing the shoulder seasons and other sluggish periods
- Check-in / check-out practices
- Cancellation policies
- Legislative affairs pertinent to the campground industry
Attire: Business casual (yes, jeans are allowed!)
What to Bring:
- Your business cards for the networking that takes place
- Your campground’s rack card or brochure to share in bulk with others
- Donation to our auction (optional, but greatly appreciated; can be any item that an attendee could put to use, either professionally or personally, and can be used or new)
- Learning and sharing attitudes
- A check to pay your registration fee and your auction.
Lodging Options: We don’t have rooms blocked anywhere since minimums have never been met to allow for it:
- RV sites are available at Four Seasons RV Acres
- RV sites and cabins are available at KOA of Salina
- Hotel rooms are available at the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene